Breaking News

Deaf contestant surprises the jury of the program America Got Talent

Tremendous surprise took the members of the jury of the television program America's Got Talent (NBC), when Mandy Harvey, a deaf woman interpreted relentlessly a song of her authorship titled "Try".


"I've sung since I was four," Harvey explained to the judges before starting her performance. "I left the music after I lost the audition and managed to engineer them to re-sing with muscular memory, using visual tuners and relying on my tone."


"After being deaf I gave up, but I want to do more with my life than that," she added.
Then the woman began to sing while playing the ukulele. She was barefoot to feel the rhythm through the ground, she explained.
Howie Mandel, Mel B, Heidi Klum and Simon Cowell were visibly excited at the performance, while some people in the audience could not control their tears.


"I do not think you need a translator for this," warned Cowell, the jury leader, before pressing the golden button with which Harvey guaranteed her move to the quarterfinals of this broadcast.
"I've done this for a long time. That was one of the most impressive presentations I've seen and heard, "the producer commented. "Honestly, I doubted that I would ever be surprised or impressed with people again, but then you showed up."


"It was your voice, your tone, the song was beautiful. Congratulations, you went straight to the live performances, "Cowell concluded.
Mandy Harvey lost her hearing at the age of 18 and the subject she composed her music is to refer to her recovery.