Breaking News

The most difficult year of Céline Dion after the death of her husband, René Angélil

On January 14 last year, the singer lost the love of her life, after a tough battle against cancer
A year has passed since the death of her husband and Céline Dion has shown an admirable strength. On January 14, 2016, the Canadian artist lost the love of her life: René Angelil. The one who had been her manager for years and the father of her three children had been battling cancer for years, until the disease overcame him. No one will forget the strong images of the disconsolate Céline in the cathedral of Montreal giving the last goodbye to her beloved husband, who impelled his professional race and turned it into an international star. That place was very special for the couple, because that's where they got married in 1994 and started their love story.
Céline in the cathedral Notre-Dame, saying goodbye to her husband. Photo: Getty Images


"René always said that he wanted to die in my arms but, unfortunately, that night I had to act. He had a better life on the night of January 13-14, and I'm sure that, trying to get out of bed, he fell to the floor. Normally when I got home after a concert I would go up to his room, kiss him good night and let him go to sleep. But I did not want to wake him that night. It was the nurse who found him out of bed the next day and went to find me sobbing, "the artist told Paris Match magazine.
After René's death, Céline received another hard blow. Only two days after the death of Angélil, the tragedy seized the singer and her family with the death of her brother Daniel, who also suffered from cancer. To cope with all that pain, the star focused on her career and her children, René-Charles, 15, and twins Nelson and Eddy, six years old.
After a little more than a month of mourning, on February 23 last year Céline returned to her Las Vegas residence to perform her concerts. It was a triumphal return and obviously dedicated to the memory of her late husband. In addition to triumphing in the 'Sin City', she started a mini tour of cities such as New York, Paris and Montreal with full totals. To make matters worse, in October she held her thousandth show at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
The artist receiving, from her son's hands, the Icon Award. Photo: Getty Images


In May she was honored at the Billboard Awards with the Icon Award, which she received from her eldest son. Her voice cracked, she gave some special words of thanks. "I want to especially thank the fans who have been with me in good times and bad times. Also to each of the collaborators, writers, producers, representatives, my children, all the people who believed in me, my mom who wrote my first subject and most importantly ... To my beloved husband who I know takes care From me from the sky. Thank you Billboard Music Awards for honoring me tonight. 
This is for you René, the show must continue. "
Her life alongside her children can not be better and throughout 2016 learned to be mother and father to his young and handsome René-Charles and the nice Nelson and Eddy. Last October, she celebrated the twins' birthday at Disney with a fun visit at Disney and her social networks, she shared a fabulous photo of the four of them spending Christmas together.

No comments