Breaking News

Miley Cyrus breaks into tears after hearing of election results

After announcing the resounding victory of tycoon Donald Trump in the US presidential election, singer Miley Cyrus turned to her social networks to express her disagreement with the results.

"Maybe I'm really different and maybe a lot of people around me think with my heart and open mind like I do," said the interpreter of "Party in the USA" in the clip he posted on his Facebook page . "I've been very eloquent with my support for anyone but Donald Trump."

Earlier this year, the American singer stormed and voiced outrage over the controversial Republican candidate. "If he is my president I leave the country," she said then.

"I still think [Hillary] deserves to be the first woman president of the United States, that's why I'm so sad. I would have liked to have the opportunity because she struggled for so long and because I believe her when she says she loves this country. It is what she has always dedicated herself, she has given his life to make a better country, "she said in tears. "Hopefully we'll adjust ... I want to have hope."

Miley is not the first celebrity to decide to use social media as a tool to speak out against Trump's triumph. So have Maria Celeste Arraras, Jennifer Lopez, Kate del Castillo, Eva Longoria, Gaby Espino, Gloria Trevi, among others.

No comments