Breaking News

Actress Eva Longora worked hard to celebrate her 'quinceañera'

If you could put up with the saying of 'who follows it gets it', Eva Longoria would be the first on the list. People magazine has had access to an appetizer of what will be their most candid interview in the December edition of Redbook and the content is not wasteful.

Among other things, the actress proudly recognizes come from humble but happy origins. The luxuries did not exist in her house so she had to work hard to achieve her goals. One of the hardest moments was the possibility of not being able to have her quinceañera party. "I wanted to have my party at age 15, but my family did not have any money, so I got a job at Wendy's and paid for it," says an excited Eva to the publication.

What for many would be a frustration, for her was a lesson of effort that continues to accompany her today. "There was never any resentment because I saw how hard my mother worked and everything I did for my sister (with special needs)," she adds. In fact, Eva quotes her mother as her role model and the person who has taught her how important it is to fight for what one wants.

That lesson learned by heart and the fruit of it today can boast of being one of the most admired women and entrepreneurs in the entertainment world. Being positive, she says, has helped her get to where she is. "I remember losing auditions or being fired from a job, and I was like, 'That means there must be something better for me!'"

Life smiles on you both professionally and personally. Happily married to José Antonio Bastén since May, she claims to have found her best half, with whom, if destiny wants it, she could become a mother. "Even before we engaged, we felt we were married. We called each other my husband and wife. It did not take us too long to find out we were meant for each other, "says the 41-year-old actress.

No comments