Breaking News

Ricky Martin postpones marriage with Jwan Yosef

Previously the Puerto Rican singer declared his intentions to marry in June, but it will not be so

Less than two months ago, 45-year-old Ricky Martin told announcer Andy Cohen that he was planning to marry Jwan Yosef, the 32-year-old Syrian-Swedish artist. "The party is going to be great. I'm going to make a lot of noise; Wedding of three days ", assured at that time the boricua star. But according to site E! Entertainment, Living Madness's live performer plans have changed because he has concerts scheduled through September. For that reason, Ricky has decided to postpone the date of his wedding, which he plans to resume after fulfilling his professional obligations.





Last November, Ricky Martin confessed to Ellen DeGeneres that he had made a commitment to Jwan. "He's a conceptual artist and I'm a collector. I started looking and saw his works and I went crazy, because I really like what he does, it's very original, and I contacted him," said the Puerto Rican singer. "And then you collected him," Ellen teased, teasing the singer's laughter and applauding the audience.

While talking to Andy Cohen, Ricky also revealed that no one introduced him to his fiance, but found himself through Instagram: "If you select the 'art' tab in the application shows you several things," said the father of Valentino and Matteo, who after meeting the profile of Jwan decided to write directly. "I did not hear his voice until 6 months after we met. We talk about art and zero sexy things - seriously, not at all [sexy], "Ricky said between laughs. "Then I traveled to London and finally met."


In his talk with Ellen, Ricky said that he was very nervous about proposing to Jwan: "I proposed it to her. I was very nervous but I got on my knees and I took out not a box, but a small velvet bag", explained the star music. "Instead of saying 'Do you want to marry me?' I said, 'I have something for you.' Then I told her that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and she said, 'What's the question?'" Ricky could not contain his laughter. "It was very nice ... and half an hour later I asked her, 'Wait, did you say yes?' And yes, she said yes.