Breaking News

Mexican driver Daniel Suárez crowns NASCAR XFINITY series champion

"Up Mexico!" Was surely one of the first shouts of glory that young driver Daniel Suarez released when he became the champion of the Nascar XFINITY series on Saturday, November 19, at the legendary Oval Homestead-Miami Speedway.

With just 24 years and two seasons in the prestigious series, the Monterrey driver raised the first Nascar title for a Latin and foreign driver, a fact that has put the Mexican in the top of the world motorsport.

"It's very difficult to put it into words. I have no words right now, "Suarez said in a conversation with ESPN after the race with which he sealed his title. "I feel very proud of everyone and grateful to have the family that I have. My mom, my dad, gave me all the tools to be here right now, "he added in his emotional words.

With a total of 4040 points, the Mexican won over American Elliott Sadler by just two points apart. With his car number 19 crossed the finish line first in Homestead, thus securing the most important title of his career.

"Winning here in Homestead with so many fans and people from Latin America, Mexicans and everywhere is a great thing," he shared the great presence of followers who accompanied him in this historic moment for world motorsports.

"Apart from that, I have my mom, my dad, my Houston family, my friends from Mexico ... many friends were here," he added excitedly about his companions in this final race, who from the stands suffered each of the complicated 200 laps.

No comments