Breaking News

Alicia Machado will continue to fight to protect women

The history of Alicia Machado has gone around the world in recent months. His humiliation at the hands of Donald Trump, the former Miss Universe contestant, was remembered and criticized by Democrat Hillary Clinton during the first presidential debate in September. Since that night, Machado has been bombarded with countless negative comments by Trump and his followers, death threats through social networks - as well as with words of encouragement from people who have rejected Trump's rhetoric. "[To] be in that position they will tell me again that I am p__a. That's it, go back and say it. That I look fat or old. Of all the things they can tell me right now, I've lived it, "emphasizes the 38-year-old actress, now a US citizen, who voted for Clinton. "Do not [intimidate me] because I'm really stuck." To which he adds: "As long as I am firm and strong in my convictions, that gives me peace to go forward."

And today more than ever, because his voice and that of millions of Americans were heard in these elections. "I am grateful to our President for her love of mother and to value my history and give me the security to share it without fear, with patriotism for this great nation," Machado told People en Espanol exclusively. "I feel happy, in peace, satisfied to have fulfilled my duty to have done what I had and should do. I am very grateful to all my community, with the new admirers who gave me all their love and support to keep me firm in my position.

Of course, in addition to defending his convictions, Machado has kept busy with multiple professional projects, such as his virtual store Aliciamachado.com, recording a film in the United States, writing his memoirs and his foundation Mamis Solas, with which he helps mothers Single like her. "My daughter motivated me to share my story", confesses the artist, who enjoys buying costumes for her 8-year-old first-born. "She is a very happy girl, she was born in this country. I have to share that and maybe my story can make some people understand the magnitude of having [Trump] as the leader of the most important country in the world. "

No comments